PDA

View Full Version : transfering bones to a mesh

Atlantis_C
10-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I have made a mesh and animation. What if I want to use the same bones and animation, but a different mesh.

Is there any way to keep the bones and put in a different mesh. Like animations for a human character. I don't want to have to do all my human animations over for each character model I'm doing. I would rather do the walk, run, climb, etc once and put those into different character models.

Is there a plug in that you can buy that will allow you to do that? Or how would you do that if there isn't?

Dodgy
10-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Just save your scene as another name (so you don't lose your old one) and replace the boned object with another one. As long as it's in the same place (in modeler), it should work.

Atlantis_C
10-07-2006, 03:25 PM
I used the items tab --> "replace with object" button. I can not get the mesh and animated bone to attach to each other. I've looked thru the online manual and can't find anything that tells you how to attach the mesh and replaced with object.

SplineGod
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Its as simple as you said, just select the object and use the object replace command. This is assuming that your bones are part of the same object layer.