PDA

View Full Version : Video problem

Emwenus
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm having trouble with a video...I imported an AVI file to set as the backdrop, but it's all distorted and pixelated...there are grey pixels and the screen shakes and the frames sometimes go back and forth between the current and the previous one, and the strange thing is it was working not too long ago! I was using it and it was fine, then I closed the scene, when I reopened the scene it was like that. I've tried restarting lightwave and the computer, and I never changed any settings, and the original AVI file is perfectly fine...can anyone help? Thanks.

P.S. I'm also trying to figure out how to make a one-way wall type thing, where a lens flare will pass behind a transparent object [so we don't see the object] but the lens flare looks like it's gone behind something [the object that we can't see]...

munky
10-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi There,

I wouldn't entertain the idea of using Avi's or Quicktimes in lightwave, they are just a world of pain! You should really convert them to image sequences, tiffs, targas etc; which will reduce your problems to pretty much zero!

regards

paul

JamesCurtis
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I wonder if somehow you got Fractional Frames turned on in Layout? Don't know if this has any bearing, but it is worth a shot? Also, video footage/animations at different speeds other than 30fps [US] 25fps [PAL] might cause issues.