PDA

View Full Version : Training Materials?

vid3d
06-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie. I have experience with video editing and now would like to get into 3D. The question is, where is the best place for a beginner to start?

I have some training materials to apply for, but it starts to get confusing as to what to pick. Included in the package are things like Desktop Images "The Essential Character Modeling & Animation Series", and also FX Academy's intro to Lightwavefi Courseware by Larry Shultz.

That sounds great to me but the problem is when I am supposed to choose two out of the four choices form the Lost Pencil "Just Animate Training CD's. The four choices are :
-Walk Cycles
-Facial Expressions
-Lip Sync
-Modeling & Rig in a day

I really don't know what the other courses entail so I don't know which 2 to pick. Any suggestion?:confused:

SplineGod
06-12-2003, 09:33 PM
The best one to start with is the Intro Course. You will learn a TON about Lightwave thru that. I would hold off on any character stuff until later. I dont think youll be disappointed in any of Pauls stuff whichever 2 you pick.

vrolfak
06-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Theres a lot of tutorials, onver the net, starting with the tutorials here, then move to:

Simplylightwave.com
flay.com
precetcentral.com
lwhub.com

and donīt forget 3dbuzz.com

theres a bunch of tutorials over all of these sites.

vid3d
06-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks vrolfak, I appreciate your help. I will certainly check out the links you gave me.