PDA

View Full Version : Animating a jigsaw puzzle???

Briody
10-05-2006, 10:38 AM
I like to be able to have an animation showing jigsaw pieces fall from the sky and landing in place (as the completed puzzle).

I have created the puzzle with all the pieces cut and assembled as the final puzzle. I UV mapped the image onto the puzzle (a square shape). It's one object made up of 200 pieces.

I figured that I could apply dynamics (wind, gravity) and the pieces would fly off from the puzzle. Then it my editor I would play the scene backwards.

It works. But it doesn't work nearly as good as I need it to. I set gravity in reverse so that the pieces would fly up and I also added some wind emmiters.

My problem is that I'm not getting any kind of individual spinning and tumbling motion in each piece. They all seem to be moving roughly the same way, not with much individual motion. I can get small groups to move by themselves, but I need individual motion.

I've animated leaves using FX_Linker that have great individual motion, but those are clones, not specific pieces of a puzzle.

How can I get that look with my animation?????

Silkrooster
10-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Try creating a collision object and move that upwards towards your puzzle. Hopefully that will not only move your peices but make them spin. I also beleive either in the hard fx control or the collision control is a setting for spinning.
Silk

prospector
10-06-2006, 10:20 PM
you do know that you don't need to do a reverse in the editor?
Just set the render numbers backwards render frame 300 to 1.

Horace
10-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Yea try just using a collision object, that should do the trick :D

mattra
04-26-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi, I don't have an answer for your problem but I am hoping you may be able to help me. I am trying to creat puzzle pieces in modler. Can you please give me some Idea how to do this? or a tutorial that would help?

Thank you for uor help.

LW3D Ver: 5.6