PDA

View Full Version : Help--Modeler 8.5 Crashing

chrispmott
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I've been reading a bunch about 9 crashing, but I'm running 8.5. All of a sudden now, when I load a backdrop it closes. It doesn't hang or anything, no warning, simply disapears. From what I've tried, it works fine as long as I don't load a backdrop. Any suggestions?

Sensei
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Can you load this file with Image Editor? What file format and resolution? Any image or particular?

Exception
10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
That's just obscure.
If all esle fails, save menu and keyboard shortcuts, delete config files, and load the menu and keyboard things back in, rescan for plugins...

bobakabob
10-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Works fine here... what file is your backdrop image?

NanoGator
10-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Reinstall I/O plugins?

robk
10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Just had a horrendous morning with lightwave crashing left and right. First Modeller would just hang up when trying to load and then in layout moving my Fprime window in layout crashed the computer immediatly.(turned it off in an instant). After swapping ram out and trying 4 versions of nvidia drivers for my new 7600 GT card and still no success I phoned Worley labs and as luck would have it they use the same video card and I loaded the driver they were using and all my problems went away. I think it was 8.4.2.1 I finally used.
To sum up it amazed me how much the video drivers could screw up a system. The variety of different types of crashes for each video driver was astounding. So I suggest (if you are using a Nvidia card) try a different video driver.