PDA

View Full Version : Help! Don't know how to move my character

MattJ
06-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Help! I'm working on a Lightwave project for school and I'm running into problems in animation.

I built a bipedal character with simple IK riggings for the arms. The model is made of several different layers all parented to one another in some way. The problem is: now that I've built my characters, I need to be move the entire models of each character at once (rotate 180 degrees to face the other direction, etc.), but the arms don't follow the rest of the body because of their IK relationships to Null Objects that are goaled to them.

Does anyone understand what I just said? I barely do. Can anyone help. I am brand new user to 3d programs and I'm trying to do something good.

Oh wait! Can I parent my entire character to another null object in order to move it all around at once? I'm going to try that but in the meantime, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dillon
06-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Yes,

Your last statement is correct. Create a 'master' null and parent the IK goals and polygon mesh to the master null. Moving/rotating the master null should move and rotate the entire rig with it. Be careful and use "parent in place" (under general options) if you already have animation applied to these nulls.

Dillon