PDA

View Full Version : Interface Lightwave 8

vector
06-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi,people:

I have seen this picture:

http://www.3dpoder.com/foro3dpoder/upload/lightwave_vx_interface2.jpg

and i would like to know if you heard rumours or information (better, of course) about the new Lw interface.

May be that this thread already exists. Sorry if this is true.

Vector :cool:

Nicodemus
06-10-2003, 03:23 PM
That is a picture someone did as a suggestion to Newtek on how to streamline the interface.

There is a thread where newtek is taking suggestions on interface design....no promises that they will change everything but they are taking it into advisement.

~L~

vector
06-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the information

Nicodemus
06-10-2003, 08:58 PM
No problem......I was blown away like everyone else when he posted those examples of what he thought they should be doing with the lightwave interface. It will be interesting to see what they do with it and if they post any teaser shots.

~L~

Matt
06-11-2003, 02:39 AM
hehe! that was me I'm afraid, just playing with what I'd like it to look like! nothing official at all!

if only! :rolleyes:

Mike Pauza
06-11-2003, 07:55 AM
I like that example setup too! It would also be nice to be able to user configure different setups and switch between them depending on what your doing at the moment...see motion builders "interface video" at:

http://www.kaydara.com/support/documentation/kb/index.php?filename=video

cresshead
06-11-2003, 08:54 AM
nice u.i..hmmm tastey!....me like it.......
.......yummy............
.............DOH! [homer voice]
not real?...no way..not fair!!!!
awwwwl!

seriously though

that u.i pik looks very neat and even though it basicly just moves the buttons around it does look like a new app....based aruond lightwve and motion builder....

i hope those peeps who ARE making the next version take a good long look at it.

steve g

:cool:

riki
06-11-2003, 10:57 AM
I think it wastes too much space at the bottom of the screen. You really want to get 'IN' to the scene as much as possible when your setting up an animation, but this bulky design eats up too much valuable space.

vector
06-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Excuse , this message was erroneous. But i canīt delete it.

vitovonantwon
06-11-2003, 11:39 AM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=38446#post38446

cresshead
06-11-2003, 12:48 PM
if you go to his site you'll see that all of this is customiseable with collapsable buttons and u.i with drag n drop...

as for:

**I think it wastes too much space at the bottom of the screen. You really want to get 'IN' to the scene as much as possible when your setting up an animation, but this bulky design eats up too much valuable space.**

take a look at the u.i in motion builder...quite alot of the scene screen is taken up but it does have a lib [you can add custom ones too] of u.i's so you can strip it right out if you want to or put all the u.i in there you need....just load up the u.i you want to work in...

....choice....

got to be the way to...

steve g

Lamont
06-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by riki
I think it wastes too much space at the bottom of the screen. You really want to get 'IN' to the scene as much as possible when your setting up an animation, but this bulky design eats up too much valuable space. Ahhh, here we go again. It was said that that can be droped down or minimized...