PDA

View Full Version : Burning Text

GregGerlach
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Is there a quick and easy way to make flames coming out of the top of text? I'm not talking about the face of the text but where it looks like the text letters are actually burning.

hrgiger
10-03-2006, 01:47 AM
A google search is your friend...

http://www.webdeveloper.com/design/design_burning_text.html

GregGerlach
10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
I need to have the flames animated. When I Googled, I found several links such as the one you refer to but most were stills. I found the link below that explains how to use PhotoShop to create an animation but it's a hit or miss propsosition to get the flames to animate without looking fake; plus it's a loop and looks like a loop.

http://gfxindia.com/index.php/topic,15.msg40/topicseen.html

I was hoping there was an easy way to make a higher quality animation in LW.

hrgiger
10-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I didn't realize you wanted to animate the flames, sorry. Hypervoxels are a good solution. Make your text object the emitters. I've gotten some pretty nice effects with using gradients on the surfacing panel to have the colors change as it burns. You'll get much nicer flames then in the link you provided. If you need some help setting it up, let us know.

GregGerlach
10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes, whatever you can do to help me that would be great. It has been a while since I've used LightWave. I mainly use it to create simple animated logos.

I know you probably don't have time to give me a step by step tutorial, but if you could tell me some of the basics... what is done in modeler vs. layout and where to find the control panels I'll need, that would help immensely.

loki74
10-03-2006, 08:40 PM
If you want some smooth flames and you have some spare cash, dynamite might be a good idea.

hrgiger
10-04-2006, 03:16 AM
How much are you in a hurry? I am swamped today but if I have some time tonight, I'll throw together an example.

Or if anyone else reading this thread would like to help out in the meantime....

and yes, Dynamite looks very impressive.