PDA

View Full Version : Lock-up on abort render

Exception
10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Has anyone found a solution for this? Just started happening, every render I abort locks up layout.

Ztreem
10-03-2006, 02:28 AM
LW9? Even with the perspective camera?

T-Light
10-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Strange, never had problems with lockup on abort, but had loads of crashes when the renders complete and I'd click 'Continue'. Got into the habit of always clicking abort after a test render. I think the problem in my case was low virtual memory, since I've cleared up a couple of gig everything's been fine. Don't know why 'Continue' should have crashed layout when 'Abort' didn't, but there you go.

Could your problem also be a memory/virtual memory issue?

Exception
10-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Hmm, I don't know. Its a brand new machine with a vitually empty harddisk and 2gb of memory... But there could be a hardware thing of course. I ran memtest86 for about an hour or so, that seemed fine, and it is stable otherwise. I'll run it again tonight for a few hours.

It's a brand new E6600 with a 975X chipset though. Maybe a bit too cutting edge to be entirely stable? I don't know.

Ztreem
10-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I've had this problem alot of times, but never with the new perspective camera in 9, if I use the classic one it happens from time to time.