PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of model

jtoney7852
10-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I have a simple question. I have an Enterprise A bridge model that was done in 3DS MAX and I need it to work in Lightwave since I have no idea how to use the other program.

The model is well textured and has a lot of stuff that goes with it. Does anyone know what I need to convert this model to lightwave?

Phil
10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Request the trial of 3ds max, or find someone who has it. Install it. You can then try exporting to .obj and see if that is sufficient. If not, Right Hemisphere's Deep Exploration has a 3ds max addon (needs 3ds max installed) that will allow you to convert to LW from 3ds max. That program also has a trial mode so you should be able to put these together and achieve what you want.

jtoney7852
10-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Ok thanks, great program! I have a problem though. The model has a lot of lights in it and when I export the model, everything comes out with weird sizes. Like the bridge is one size and the lights are huge and in the wrong place when opening in LW. Also if I try to resize the bridge, everything moves while I resizing and ends up in other places.

Silkrooster
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
If the lights look huge, check the grid size, it may be a different scale then the orginal. [ and ] keys will change the gid size for you.
Silk