PDA

View Full Version : Dopey dongle...

starbase1
10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, recovering from a major crash here...

I thought LW was relatively untouched, but it was stuck in discovery mode, and the option to enter the key was missing... I reinstalled 8.0 from the CD, and applied the upgrade, it acceoted the permamnet key, but hen I restarted it was back in discovery mode.

Sigh.

Anyway, I had just about come to the conclusion the dongle was fried, and bracing myself for the process of switching to a USB one with a new number, when I tried something. My old isntallation of LW 7.5 is working just fine.

So presumably the dongle must be fine, but for some reason 8.5 cannot see it.

Anyone got any ideas for checking the dongle detector or whatever it is is in place, and working, or reinstalling that separately?

Nick

GCL
10-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Just in case, I haven't read in your description on "updating" your HASP dongle software.
That may be the problem since there is an upgrade from the 7.5 version and needed.
That is, re-install software for dongle found on CD or downloaded files.

starbase1
10-02-2006, 04:15 AM
Ah, I was not aware of that. Though thinking about it, seems quite reasonable that it picks up stuff from the current directories... I'm surprised that the reinstall did not cover it though.

Nick

starbase1
10-03-2006, 07:21 AM
A download from the dongle provider installed and fixed the problem, everything is now working fine.

BeeVee
10-03-2006, 07:47 AM
The reason 8.5 didn't see it was that the new drivers were required from version 8.3 onwards and while 8.3 came with the new Sentinel drivers, 8.5 didn't, so if you upgraded straight from 8.0 to 8.5 you would come unstuck.

B