PDA

View Full Version : VTR troubles

Peter Palesh
06-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the video from any of my s-vhs decks to look like this?
The whole top of the video is distorted and shakes side to side.
Any other video source through my BOB is normal.

Thanks,

Rich Deustachio
06-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Make sure you don't have two sources connected to the same input on Bob.

wvp
06-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I believe this is called "Skewing", but I am not a technician.
I think it is a result of your camera or VCR (probably the camera) needing a cleaning/adjustment.
Immediate solution would be to try to play the tape from the same machine/camera that it was recorded on. I think that will solve the problem.

Paul Lara
06-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Peter Palesh
Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the video from any of my s-vhs decks to look like this?

In advanced proc amp settings, try:
AGC Freeze - Not Frozen
Chroma Trap - Enabled
Horizontal Tracking Loop Frequency Select - VCR or TV (Chroma trap will have the largest effect when capturing from VHS.)

mgrusin
08-22-2003, 09:55 AM
I just ran into this same problem (T3), and knew I had seen this thread somewhere in the past. Setting "Horizontal Tracking Loop Frequency" to "Very Fast" cleaned it right up.

Thanks Paul! :D

sadkkf
06-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Help!

I've got this same problem with [2] and none of these fixes are fixing it! Any other suggestions?

mgrusin
06-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Setting "Horizontal Tracking Loop Frequency" to "Very Fast" works very well here (used it just the other day). Is your Proc Amp enabled (not bypassed) and looking at the right input?

This probably only works for analog input from a VCR. I don't think it will clean up an already bad capture, or something that was poorly dubbed "saving" the skew...

-MG.

Jim Capillo
06-19-2004, 04:18 PM
I've seen this problem on another NLE (similar to VT with internal software TBC) and the solution was to run it through an external TBC before capture. You may need to lock it up to the VT, but that is a simple procedure by sending one of the VT's outputs to the TBC's genlock in. Make sure you terminate as needed.

sadkkf
06-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks, Jim.

Not having access to any other hardware, I sent the source to my camcorder, then back to the VT. It worked fine. Stupid VHS format. :rolleyes:

bradl
06-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Looks like you could use a little Bob's One Touch...

sadkkf
06-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Bob's One Touch? I'm almost afraid to ask...:)

Jim_C
06-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Bob Tasa's plug in.

Awesome great stuff.

http://www.videotoasternt.com/forums/read.cgi?36631

Bob's site: http://www.toastergarage.com/

bradl
06-22-2004, 07:32 AM
I was referring to your color balance. It looks way too blue. Therre are many apps that can color correct a bad white balance and even the CC controls within VTEdit can help, but Bob's One touch makes it a very simple with good results right in VT.

If you have lots of footage to CC, you may want to process it render to a new file and dump the old, or even 're-capture' it from VTEdit through the switcher to a new file.