I know people are wondering if Dynamite is being used in
production so here's an example.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3264

On ProjectGotham, I used Dynamite in 3 scenes, the closeup
shot of the Ferrari's front tire for wheel smoke, the overhead shot
of the city dissolving in the cars wake, and near the end when
the car punches through the smoky end of the road. This program
is truly amazing and although I'm still learning the finer points of
it, we are really impressed with the results.

Phil
10-01-2006, 12:25 PM
UbiGuy has a few interesting scenes that show some problems. It seems like the raytrace gets wedged and the rendering time shoots by up 10 or more times. It's odd and I haven't been able to fully understand it.

It's very cool when it works well (most of the time), but it has a few edge cases like Ubi's that cause trouble. Hopefully Can will be able to fix them up.

cagey5
10-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I had the same raytracing problem. But an e-mail to Can solved that...

Phil
10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Really? Care to share? :)

cagey5
10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Sure

1st Pic. No Ray Traced Shadows. Render time 8.7 seconds
2nd Pic +Ray Traced Shadows. Render Time 10 seconds

:)

Phil
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
You tease :D So what changed to fix your raytrace problems? New build, workaround or something else? I've not heard from him for a while - Ubi said he was nailing down the OSX release....

Phil
10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Hmmm. You get dots in your raytraced output too? Interesting. I filed a bug with Can about that.

cagey5
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Yep. That was on 'best quality' setting too.

UbiGuy
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
My render time problem is linked to the particle shader not to the Fluid shader.

I got suddent render time peek just because the Raymarcher Tracer are not optimized yet. But it will be soon, Can work on it... I hope...

I think Dynamite will be soon the best particule shader for smoke and explosions.

For fluid effect, the shading is very cool and efficient (But we need a gradient control instead of a 4 color choice menu for Fire Effect...)

Dynamite need more contol over simulation. Separate Fuel, Density and Temperature dissipation... Fuel injection and burning speed are needed for the emitter. (it will help to make short flames...)

A substep solver is needed too (It's possible to scale the time scene but subframe sampling is better...). Maybe a "normals wind" or a internal emitter pressure could be helpful to generate explosion. And it could be cool to have the possibility to link LW native wind with Fluids.

Maya still the best for the simulation... But Dynamite is a good solution and it fill a big hole in the LW community.

Anyway Can(tarcan), can be proud. He have done a great job! He is on the right way... :thumbsup:

UbiGuy
10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I forget...

Nice jobe Wildr3d !!!

mav3rick
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
ubi... would be good u stay in contact with can... your req can help so we get powerfull fluid solution

wildr3d
10-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Can has let me know some things coming to Dynamite like
Mac and 64bit versions as well as the ability to calculate
multiple subframes for each frame, for more accurate simulations.

A better way to do wind influence would help, some kind of visual
to see the wind vectors like lightwaves wind emitter.

I agree a Fluid sim from him would be nice too.

UbiGuy
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
lol

I stay in contact with him... I submerge him with features request and bugs reports. I hope, I will not bother him. lol

Maybe I can poste my request to him in this board to see exactly what poeple think of them.??? Maybe some of them are more important for some users...?

Phil
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
What I'm really looking forward to is the release when he adds arbitrary multiple light support. HyperVoxels has had this dumb 1,2 or all lights limitation since inception. It really sucks for diffuse effects.

Can has the request and seemed to think it was possible. That day, I can begin to forget HyperVoxels exists :)

UbiGuy
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
HV still good for other effect. Sprite shader is good for soft smoke... And I have a good setup for flame. It fast and efficient. When Dynamite fluids will have more options it will be more easier to create small and realistic flames. But I got the same feeling that Phil have... HV began to show is age.

Dynamite need more fine tunning but it's in the right way for smoke and fire.

For other kind of particles effect HV still good.