PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 9.0 running on Windows Vista build 5728

Aegis
10-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Cooooool! :D

http://www.survivorsdiary.com/CaptureLW.JPG

It's a little unstable (seems to crash the beta nVidia drivers a lot) and the OpenGL's a little slow - particularly in Modeler - but it runs! FPrime too!

Neat!

umstitch
10-01-2006, 10:53 AM
..hey was gonna do this myself, just never got time..did you get a key from microsoft?

..and are they the official (beta) nvidia drivers?..cause you can get 96.37 from laptopvideotogo, and they apparently run more stable, wont be long i guess till all our screenshots look like that!

Intuition
10-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I've been wondering about Vista.

Does the beta include 64bit versions?

DonJMyers
10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Think you have it bad with nvidia drivers? the terrific video game "oblivion" blue screens my non-beta nvidia drivers so much I can't play it anymore! :(

This is due to bad programming on the game's part. Meanwhile lightwave on vista is a beautiful vista indeed!

IgnusFast
10-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Think you have it bad with nvidia drivers? the terrific video game "oblivion" blue screens my non-beta nvidia drivers so much I can't play it anymore! :(

This is due to bad programming on the game's part. Meanwhile lightwave on vista is a beautiful vista indeed!

****, Oblivion doesn't blue screen my XP install (with the latest RELEASE level drivers) -- It actually black screen hangs my whole machine! And they haven't even bothered to release a patch in months. It's actually more stable on the Vista install, but of course the beta NVidia drivers don't yet support SLI, so.....

To keep on-topic, I haven't tried Lightwave on Vista, but mainly because I use it on the Mac most of the time. :vticon:

(wow, I can't believe pooh that rhyms with Rap is considered a bad word in this forum! lol)

Steve Reeves
10-29-2006, 03:40 AM
:) I tried Vista, but there are no nForce 4 SATA RAID drivers out there that seem to work - bummer, because I was going to move to 64 bit to see how LW flies there!

Verlon
10-29-2006, 06:36 AM
The beta includes 64 bit version, but 64 bit beta isn't as well developed last I checked. Its slower than Christmas and I mean a LOT slower.

Transfer speeds harken back to Amiga floppy drive speeds.

Bog
10-30-2006, 05:32 AM
The current nVidia Vista driver are "A Known Issue" - that is, buggier than the Amazon Rainforest. Hopefully this will change shortly.

Phil
10-30-2006, 07:10 AM
More interesting would be whether they have actually constrained the memory footprint of that beast of an OS. 800 MB cold is no laughing matter for Win32 and I lost interest due to that with beta 2. That memory serves me better being used for LW.

Jacheart
11-05-2006, 07:08 AM
I am glad to hear that Lightwave works on Vista. I have the 64-bit version waiting in the wings to be installed, but put it off because I was worried about it working with various programs. Now all I have to do is get LW( to work right period. :) Nice model though!