PDA

View Full Version : Different on Mac?

Spencer Falco
09-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Forgive me, I am extraordinarily new to this program. I can barely turn it on.

That being said, the included book, "Lightwave 3D Getting Started Guide" for Lightwave 8, does NOT seem to work for a mac.

For instance it keeps saying 'right click' and of course you can't right click on a mac. Most of the F keys do not do what the manual says they will.

Am I wrong or did I get the wrong manual with this program. I bought the program off ebay.

Is there a better training guide for the complete newbie that will have mac commands as well?

Thanks for your help.

Falco

Scazzino
09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Right click is Command-Click on the Mac in LW if you're using a one button mouse.

Try using Command-F9 if it says F9, Command-F10, etc. Expose uses the normal F9, F10 etc...

Captain Obvious
10-01-2006, 04:45 AM
I've been right-clicking on the Mac since the last millenium, and all the F buttons do exactly what they're supposed to do.

First off, get yourself a multibutton mouse. I recomend the Logitech MX310. It's dirt cheap, comfy, works for both lefties and righties, and has enough buttons.

Second, make sure you haven't set up the F buttons to do things like Exposť. Check the System Preferences.

CMT
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
I go into system preferences and turn off the keyboard functions for f9 and f10 and it works fine. I can get to Expose, Dashboard, etc... other ways.

Get Mightymouse! Works great so far for me.

gstonebank
10-07-2006, 01:58 AM
On my Macbook Pro to get F10, I press "fn+Command+F10" otherwise I adjust my keyboard backlight. Was a little frustrating until I found out :)