PDA

View Full Version : Newtek's 3D Arsenal Creation with LW 8.5

Robert C. Lang
09-29-2006, 07:55 PM
This is my first post to the LightWave forum. I am a Newtek's 3D Arsenal Creation user that partners with VT4.6's LightWave 8.5 to do its stuff.

I am having a problem with the Projector Scene "Rotate to Screen". I have used this scene successfully many times. But recently when I attempt to "Render the Scene" from the LW Render Option Panel the scene and the Render Option panel defaults to frame 242 as the first frame. Repeated attempts to set and maintain the "start frame" at 1 frame in the Render Options Panel has proved futile. As soon as I click "Render Scene" rendering starts at frame 242.

I reinstalled 3D Arsenal Creation but the problem persists. It seems that I have mistakenly set a LW button wrongly. Only the Projector Scene (not the hundred of other scenes) seems to have this affliction.

Thank you for your assistance.

Robert C. Lang
www.langvideoart.com
510-834-7550

Silkrooster
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the Lightwave section of the forum. To change the first frame of a render animation. Click on the render tab at the top of the screen. On the left side of the screen find Options, then click on render options. At the top of this new window, you will find render first frame. Type in the frame number you wish to be the first frame to render of your animation.
Hope this helps.
Silk

Robert C. Lang
09-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks. I have been following the steps you describe all along with no success. In the "Render Options" panel I (repeatly) change the the "Render First Frame" box from "242" to "1". But the the very second I click the "Render Scene" button on the left side of the LW window the scene starts rendering at Frame 242 (and the "Render Options" panel box reverts from "1" back to "242").

I have used this particular scene dozens of times and only in the past couple of days have I had this problem.

Robert C. Lang

Silkrooster
09-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok, question at the bottom of your screen is a time line what frame is it on? If you say frame 242, then move that to frame 1 and try again.
Silk

Robert C. Lang
09-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks again.

Yes, I habitually place the scrub bar to 0 (far left) before I start to render. But it makes no difference where I have the scrub bar placed on the LW timeline, rendering always begins with Frame 242 (nothing less and nothing greater.

As an experiment I placed a number greater that 242 in the "Render Options" panel. I put 350 in the "Render First Frame" box. It didn't matter. Rendering still began at frame 242!

Elmar Moelzer
09-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Might sound stupid, but have you hit Enter after entering the new value?
CU
Elmar

Robert C. Lang
09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Stupid or condscending suggestion? Not at all! It is always good (well almost always) to remind users to hit the enter key to secure a setting. In this case, I have been using other scenes in the same program without difficulty. Plus I have used the "Projector Scene" (one of my favorites) numerous times. It has been only the "Projector Scene" that has caused me grief in recent days. Of course, the "Projector Scene" *is* different in how it is implemented than other scenes in 3D Arsenal Creation. And (this may be important) I recently changed from LW 7.5 to 8.5 that may be different in obvious, but not so obvious ways.

For what ever reason, I did a quick reinstall of the software and it seems to be working now, even though it originally defaulted to frame 242! (I don't remember if I hit the enter key or not but I will make a point to do so).

Thanks to all!

Robert C. Lang

toasterhombre
10-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow. . . .I am glad reinstalling worked out for you as I have never seen that problem before!

Stupid or condscending suggestion? Not at all! It is always good (well almost always) to remind users to hit the enter key to secure a setting. In this case, I have been using other scenes in the same program without difficulty. Plus I have used the "Projector Scene" (one of my favorites) numerous times. It has been only the "Projector Scene" that has caused me grief in recent days. Of course, the "Projector Scene" *is* different in how it is implemented than other scenes in 3D Arsenal Creation. And (this may be important) I recently changed from LW 7.5 to 8.5 that may be different in obvious, but not so obvious ways.

For what ever reason, I did a quick reinstall of the software and it seems to be working now, even though it originally defaulted to frame 242! (I don't remember if I hit the enter key or not but I will make a point to do so).

Thanks to all!

Robert C. Lang