PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Camera Parenting

flb
09-29-2006, 01:35 PM
I've created a roulette wheel using dynamics and I have the ball moving nicely around the roulette wheel. My problem is I'm trying to parent the camera onto the ball as it moves around the track, giving you the balls perspective. However, when I try to parent it, it just parents the ball but at it's inital point and not the dynamically calculated ball. Has anyone else come across this issue? Is it even possible to track or parent a dynamically generated object?

stevecullum
09-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Yes...go to the editFX tab and select make path. It will generate a null for you. Then use parenter in the motion tab of the camera to parent to the null at the keyframe of your choice :)

flb
10-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the help Steve that went a long way. :bowdown: I'm almost there. My camera now tracks the dynamic ball going around the track. The problem I now have is that the ball is also matching the null's rotation and not aligning itself along the path (see attachment). I've tried the various options in dynamic parenter keeping and removing the initial position and rotation but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

stevecullum
10-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Its difficult to see exactly whats going on from the image. If you can zip up your scene and model, I'll happily take a quick look and see what needs to be done.