PDA

View Full Version : VGA input into TriCaster

jredmond108
09-27-2006, 03:32 PM
What I record is live presentations, where the presenter will use his laptop and for the most part show PowerPoint slides. What I've been doing is taking the output of the projector and feeding it into my switcher/scaler. I would like to upgrade to the TriCaster, however I do need to input whatever is coming out of the projector, whether it is PowerPoint, a DVD he is playing off his laptop, or whether he is showing something from the internet (including streaming video).

These are my basic requirements. Any idea when (or if) the TriCaster can do this? Thanks, James

Sledgehammer
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
The TriCaster will take in, through the network cable, what is showing up on the screen of the presenter's laptop. I am not sure about wheter the DVD and web videos will show, I believe they will.

There will be a delay from an event happening on the laptop and it showing up on the Tricaster, but that delay can be substatially reduced by using a gigabit connection between the systems.

Hope this answers your questions.

jredmond108
10-27-2006, 10:41 PM
What I have heard is that the Tricaster will not input DVDs that are played on a laptop nor live internet video streaming (from the laptop) or a demo of someone surfing the net on a laptop very well.

All of these things I need. Thanks, James

Sledgehammer
10-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, there can be a problem from the perspective of DRM, and the DVD software not letting the image play back through the second monitor. That is not a NewTek issue, take it up with the DRM idiots.

As far as what shows on the screen otherwise, it works like a champ. Powerpoint shouldn't be any issue whatsoever. Aside from video playback, if DRM gets in the way.

Oh, and also, in the graphic card settings, you have to specify which is your primary display on some cards, and only the primary will get the video playback.
Again, not a NewTek problem.

But I highly recommend catching a demo of the system from your local dealer. It should show you everything you need to know.