PDA

View Full Version : Sound and lip-sync

paulfierlinger
06-10-2003, 09:09 AM
For those of you who have already given up on Aura as a precision sound reader for lip-syncing I want to pass on a trick which I just discovered this morning. After loading your sound track press Ctrl D to open the magic number box and enter the code 1210. Another number will appear. Change it to anything you wish, like 0.10 represents 1/10 of the speed of 10 fr/sec, or one frame, and click OK. You will now be able to scrub your sound track with one frame accuracy. At 10fr/sec I have found 2.0 to be the best setting.

Paul F.

peter wassink
06-14-2003, 03:56 AM
hello Paul

i got excited by your discovery but...

when pressing enter after typing code 1210 in the magic number box, all i get is a colofon type window with tacky fireworks display

so where excactly is it that "Another number will appear" ?
or does it only work in 2.5?

peter

paulfierlinger
06-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Well, I guess it must work only in Aura 2.5. Why don't you download it? There are some real worth-while changes in it.

peter wassink
06-14-2003, 04:15 AM
2.5 does not work with my graphics card
so untill i have collected enough nerve to change card in my system or enough money to buy a whole new computer all together i'll have to make do with aura2

greetings
peter

paulfierlinger
06-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Peter,
you say that you are a 2D animator by profession and your work looks like it -- why on earth wouldn't you get the best to make a living with?

peter wassink
06-14-2003, 05:30 AM
the problem, always, with computers is that the moment you buy the best, something better apears

and its strange how it works, that a tool that works good somehow seems to become less good when this "something better" apears.
... but anyway Paul

you are right,
and i am actually planning to buy a new system very soon.

Peter

paulfierlinger
06-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Now, as you might know, the standalone Aura is under the auspices of TVPaint and they will be coming out with a Mac version. If you prefer the Mac, then maybe you should wait. TVP's target goal is "sometime after September". Actually, I've seen you on the TVP website, so you have probably read Sebastien's post about this.

sierra
07-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Hello Paul,

My question is how in the world did you ever think to enter a code like 1210? Is there a list of codes somewhere available? Or are you just psssychic? This a very useful piece of information and I thank you for it. I've been so busy learning the VT ins and outs, I have only just now got back to working in Aura and still need all the help I can find.

When I talked to Tech help and ask what the magic number was all about, I was told it was just to play a hidden game.

Cordially,

Sierra

paulfierlinger
07-15-2003, 12:00 PM
The magic number gadget is actually there for developers own use. They keep their not fully developed ideas around and such. It opens up a feature that never had a panel made for it. I asked for better lip-sync abilities in the next release of TVPaint and was given this information and permission to make it public. I was told that originally it had been a thought of the developers to have the sound track be able to play like this but they came to the conclusiuon that no one would need it. You can bet that this will be introduced in the next release of TVP. Plugin developers are given magic numbers to open certain programming
files too.

Paul Fierlinger