PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave dev on Mac - havok needed

Yarg
09-27-2006, 05:09 AM
I've just switched to Mac from windows but can't find the Director Havok Xtra that ships for free with director 8.5. If anyone has a copy can you point me to it or send me the files. It's on the Director 8.5 CD but not on later versions (maybe on MX too)

I use Lightwave and Director to make online games. A very good combo. But without this little pluggin I'll be stuck with windoze and my new Mac pro will go to waste ;-)

Thanks

Otterman
09-28-2006, 09:41 AM
No dont even think about going back ! Youve made a brave move and the right one at that. Xtra is the attached folder (dot forget to put it into your (mac) xtras folder)

edit--
Just realised this original post is a couple of years old, your probably dead by now- if not, sorry about this last comment.

Otterman
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
More of a director/3d model issue but, dont suppose you know the best way to setup shaders from lightwave to director so you can change colour (paintwork)?

Below is the code im using but it just 'paints' the models in a pastel type colour instead of the solid colour. What figures????

-- assign shaders to each model
on mouseup
sprite(mySprite).member.model[1].shaderList[1] = redShader
end

--define the shader
redShader = sprite(me.spriteNum).member.newShader("Red Shader",#standard)
redShader.ambient = rgb("FF0000")
redShader.texture = VOID

jeremyhardin
09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
edit--
Just realised this original post is a couple of years old, your probably dead by now- if not, sorry about this last comment.

Well, he actually posted this yesterday. His Join Date is, however, a few years ago now. I think that's where the confusion lies. :D

If that post were years old, the poster would be very gifted to know of the coming Mac pro line (as he does refer to one in his post). ;) ;)

Yarg
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not really with you ;-) You just want a plain color and no texture? Leave ambient and use 'diffuse' and set useDiffuseWithTexture to true.

Fire away if that's not what you're after.

Is that the authoring Havok Xtra you sent me? No Joy. On PC you just pop it in your xtras folder. Do you have to use new(Xtra) on Mac? Did you get it out of the director/configuration folder or the shockwave player folder? I need the one for authoring I think this is the shockwave one.

Big thanks anyway

Otterman
09-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Yarg your live !

Yeah last second post b4 leaving work, mind focused on exiting that door to freedom... anyways, yeah this is the havok xtra from my configuration:mac:xtras folder.

Its also zipped so it may of corrupt! Will digout the original and attempt it again in the morning!

Sad me, at home and still thinking of work:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Try again later

Yarg
09-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Yes it works. I was missing another xtra that caused the hiccp.

Cheers for that.

Hunter can now be release on OS X too.

http://www.rayamedia.com/home/games/info/info.htm

Preview snaps.

Otterman
09-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Glad you got it working!

You also solved my problem with the 'what you using ambient for, its diffuse dummy' suggestion, works a treat.

The shockwave game stills look impressive, are we able to try it for ourselves?:thumbsup:

Yarg
09-29-2006, 05:15 AM
The windows version has been ready for some time but doesn't work on OS X. Mac users are like 0.01 percent of our users but I like to cater for them and more so because I'm one now. I'll post a link here when it's released in a few weeks or so - or drop me a line from my home page if you want to beta it on the Mac.

Adobe director is on it's way so I guess we'll have to wait till next spring for a universal version of it and the shockwave player. It chugs along on rosetta ;-) Shockwave that is.

Check out Police Chopper at miniclip.com (http://www.miniclip.com) or Crimson Viper, 2 of the bigger games I've done. I have to redo all my games to behave nicely with the mac sound volume so be warned - they turn up the sound on OS X.

Laters