PDA

View Full Version : Eps!

Tphill
09-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm trying to import eps files (LW9).
Having heard it's a bit of an issue, I've tried simple curves, text outlines, saved as .eps, .ai (8 and 3), tiff preview turned on, turned off, saved from both Illustrator CS2 and Freehand MX (WinXP - heaps of resources) dozens of times. Modeler imports OK, then crashes - consistently, about 30 sec. afterwards.
Please tell me someone else knows the problem and I'm not being picked on.

Maxx
09-26-2006, 04:53 AM
No problem with it here. Have you turned off auto-axis drill? I have always found that to be a bit flakey in the past.

Tphill
09-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Turned off drill AND centering, importing as closed polygons and polylines, etc.
I've tried everything I can think of to help LW open an eps but no - it crashes on cue 30 sec after opening.

Maxx
09-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Wierd. Just to reiterate the basics, the file contains only vector graphics - no bitmaps - and is saved as a legacy Illustrator file version 8 or lower, yes? I've not had a problem in the past with the centering options. Possibly crank down the Curve Division Level to Standard or Rough and put the scale to 0.01?

Other than that, I got nothing. I want to say that there's a DStorm .ai importer available that was better than NT's own, but I thought that version replaced NT's around version 8.2 or so of LW. (Might be talking out my backside here - it's getting on towards late and I'm getting on towards sleep deprived...)

Tphill
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Not only is there no pixel content, there is no fill and no line colour - just to be completely ridiculous! A simple straight line with two points is enough to crash modeler - even if I delete it straight away!
Here's the thing though - if I save the import as a .lwo before the crash and then open the object all is well so I've got a 30sec window of opportunity to save it, wait for the crash, restart and get on with it.