PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!

highneko
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I've been following a tutorial for setting up a character and making bones for it, but I can't figure something out. When I'm parenting the bone in layout, I have all my model in one layer, and so how would I make it parented to the leg or something? Would I have to split up the model in modeler? How would I setup that for layout? I'm using LightWave 3D 9.

I tryed google and tryed to figure this out alone, but couldn't. Please help!

toby
09-25-2006, 09:42 PM
The bone is just parented to the main object, but it's positioned inside the leg. But it's already parented when you create it - assuming you have the right object selected when you create it.

Doesn't sound like such a great tutorial!

highneko
09-25-2006, 10:16 PM
The bone is just parented to the main object, but it's positioned inside the leg. But it's already parented when you create it - assuming you have the right object selected when you create it.

Doesn't sound like such a great tutorial!
Ok, got it working. The tutorial said to make skelegons in a seperate layer in modeler, then convert them to bones in layout. It never said have them in the same layer. That's my excuse! Thanks alot. :)

toby
09-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Good thing you figured it out then :thumbsup:

SplineGod
09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
you dont have to have the bones in the same layer as the object. You can tell the character to 'use bones from' and indicate the object that has the bones.