PDA

View Full Version : Hub Won't Synch Modeler + Layout

Giacomo99
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello-

Modeler and Layout are refusing to talk to each other. I'm sure this is a familiar story for many people: I was working on a scene (and making changes to the model in Modeler) and suddenly Modeler quit. Now I CANNOT get Layout to acknowledge Modeler--i.e, I can't make any more live updates to the model. This is happening a lot lately.

Fortunately, it's not critical on this particular project--I can just delete the model and reimport it--but I can see this being a HUGE problem in the future (i.e, if I need to edit a model that has animation data attached.)

Has anyone found a consistent way to get Layout to recognize Modeler, or should I (grrrrr) just rethink my workflow so I don't edit models once they're created?

Please advise.

Edit: Well, I seem to have "solved" the problem. All I have to do is *reboot the **** computer.* Still pretty annoying.

Darth Mole
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Just turn the hub off. Instant improvement in stability. Okay, you might have to rethink your workflow a bit, but it's worth it.

aa1037
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
How do you turn the hub off? Are there specific instructions somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

geck
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
In your 'programs' folder you'll find two files, 'Modeler cmdLine' and 'LightWave cmdLine'.

Make sure Layout, Modeler and the Hub aren't running then open these two files in in something like Textedit.

Type in "-0" (minus zero) in both, then save and close. This tells Layout and Modeler not to auto-launch the Hub next time they are opened.

HenkDawson
10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I just started using LW 9 on a MAC and the HUB is'nt working. It worked with LW 8.5. Any ideas? Thanks, Henk

eblu
10-05-2006, 05:57 AM
by default the hub doesn't work. or rather, even if its running, its doing bad things.

do what Geck said to do, and That will fix the hub so that it won't do bad things.

btw: the hub did bad things in 8.5 as well.

Chilton
10-05-2006, 08:23 AM
by default the hub doesn't work. or rather, even if its running, its doing bad things.

do what Geck said to do, and That will fix the hub so that it won't do bad things.

btw: the hub did bad things in 8.5 as well.

And just so everyone is clear on this, it will work properly in the UB version.

-Chilton

HenkDawson
10-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Eblu If I understand you correctly and I do what geck suggested I would be turning the HUB off. I want to use the HUB and don't want to turn it off.

My problem is that the HUB is not working in LW9 the way it worked in LW8.5. What happens in LW9 is that after it launches it does'nt sych. Changes in Modeler are not updated in Layout.

Any ideas?

OneShot
10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Try this open the Modeler. Create a box. Than open the Layout program by double clicking on the Apps. Switch to the Hub, it should be running. If not there is some kind of problem. Edit the Hub's prefs via the drop down arrows. Keep the Hub running then go to the Modeler and tell it to switch to the Layout. It may connect or you may have to quit all three Apps. Next time you boot the Layout or Modeler they should be able to locate the other App. Hope this is what you where asking