PDA

View Full Version : Image sequence cashing

Boris Goreta
09-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Is it possible to cashe an image sequence in LW so it would playback fast ? Now everytime I scrub the timeline LW has to load another frame, convert it to OpenGL texture and then display it which is very slow

Boris Goreta
09-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Thanks neverko, but I don't need the preview. I need to adjust animation to the animated backplate which is an image sequence so when I work in my viewport and change current frame I need instant update of the background image at that frame. Also when I press play I want realtime playback with image sequences. If all images from a sequence could be loaded into graphics card then I guess it would be possible to have realtime playback.

Lightwolf
09-24-2006, 05:37 AM
If you convert your BG sequence into an animation file, you can load it into LW as a preview (Preview->Load) and change your displays options to display this preview as the backdrop (Display Options->Camera View Background->Preview).

Not as elegant as image sequence caching, and you have to fit your viewport size to fit... but it works and it is very fast.

Cheers,
Mike

Boris Goreta
09-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks ! This will help a lot !

Lightwolf
09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks ! This will help a lot !
You're welcome...

Incidentally, a bit of trivia, this was possible even way back on the amiga version, except that the backdrop animation was dithered black and white (yes, 1 bit black and white, no greyscales).

Cheers,
Mike