PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help, deadline project timewarp problems!

Rusherific
09-24-2006, 01:58 AM
I'm doing some animating for a local BMW spot, and I successfully used the nifty timewarp feature on a previous shot and it was fabulous (it is still a little iffy to work with though!). But I'm using it again, this time with the camera warped as well as the scene, and when I preview everything from the timewarp plugin's controls, its great, but when I get to rendering, I don't see the timeline change frames to some 1000's as it usually does, and the animation is rendered out in real (very bad) time! During rendering I even see the stages flash by where it says its supposedely applying the timewarp plugin, so I have no idea whats gone wrong. This same scene I have test rendered out already in earlier stages even today correctly, but I guess somewhere along the line it went wrong and now the timewarp plugin is just not working. I've tried de/reactivating, copying the timewarp channel, reinstancing the plugin and pasting it back in, reimporting the camera, loading all the scene objects into a new scene, and nothing will get it to work again! This is killing me as I am a hair's breadth from finishing this spot and now I am dead in the water. Please if anyone's had similar trouble I would be most grateful. I'm sure I'm missing something entirely stupid...

Thanks in advance,
Devin

toby
09-25-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sure I'm missing something entirely stupid...
Thanks in advance,
Devin
Dude you're pioneering it! I don't know anyone who's used it, I don't even know where the bugger is! Sorry I can't help, I'll be asking you for help later - unless you care to make a tutorial for us :D

Shout-out to my peeps in S.F.! What studio are you working at?

Rusherific
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I did something to fix it, I think you need fractional frames on. So I'm alone in this? Timewarp was the coolest thing I was waiting for in 9 (well maybe a tie with nodes!). Really once you get used to it its even great for everyday work as well, like adjusting the timing on regular moves after youve keyframes and dont want to mess with it. It's really hard to get your head around what's going on though sometimes, when the camera is in realtime but the scene is not, and in that mode f9 is almost useless because it will render some odd timeframe! :bangwall: but otherwise its awesome

Rusherific
09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I did something to fix it, I think you need fractional frames on. So I'm alone in this!? Timewarp was the coolest thing I was waiting for in 9 (well maybe a tie with nodes). Really once you get used to it its even great for everyday work as well, like adjusting the timing on regular moves after youve keyframes and dont want to mess with it. It's really hard to get your head around what's going on though sometimes, when the camera is in realtime but the scene is not, and in that mode f9 is almost useless because it will render some other random frame! :bangwall: but otherwise its awesome

ScottSullivan
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm with you except with the camera having the timewarp applied to it also. It's been a little while since I've used it, but I thought it was just applied to one. I did a mini tutorial awhile back with a shattering lightbulb. I'll have to dig it up.

But it was pretty basic and sounds like you've got your hands around that part (I'm with you on the 1000's of frames! - made the mistake of canceling a render mid-calculate and MAN did that screw up my scene!)

MiniFireDragon
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I have written a plugin that alters key frames to the fraction of time (my plug-in basically took a motion path and altered the time so the object went Xmph or feet per second), and unless you have fractional frames applied, things go screwy. I would assume this applies to all plugins that make fractional frames liek time warp. With out it, Lightwave automatically rounds the frame to the nearest, so if u had frames at 1.01, 1.2, and 1.4 they would all render at 1.0.