PDA

View Full Version : My USB2 dongle broke

Marshun
09-23-2006, 05:46 PM
what do I do? :(

Phil
09-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Contact customer service or your dealer. They will take it from there. Generally, they can cross-ship replacement dongles as long as you provide credit card information (in case you don't ship the other one back).

NewTek will need to be advised of any 3rd party dongle-locked plugins you have so that they can inform the vendors and get you new license codes. If you have plugins that are dongle-locked, but the vendor has shut up shop, then you're screwed for those ones (unless you feel like recruiting a computer geek, or searching google for a program to break the protection on them).

You'll be out of action until Tuesday or Wednesday, I guess. Good thing you're a legit user and not a pirate isn't it? They have so such problems. Lucky buggers. They just keep right on trucking, no matter what.

Marshun
09-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Thank you, Phil.

I contacted Newtek's CS and then referred to tech on what to do.

At this (my) point in time, my process should be "free-of-charge". Just a matter of a little less then a week.

Another technician cited similer personal dongle problems and mentioned that if you can get the little green dongle light to work then you can be ok for the "mean time". The latter has occurred but I will get this bent dongle replaced and I intend to place the new one in a USB receptor in the rear of the machine instead in the front.

Phil
09-29-2006, 02:37 AM
I'd suggest a hub, particularly useful are ones for laptops because they tend to be flexible. You won't risk snapping off or bending the dongle ;)