PDA

View Full Version : FPrime network render

gabrieloy
09-21-2006, 10:00 AM
i know that not is possible use Fprime like Screamernet... but, when you put a sequence to render, fprime create two more refine files beyond the frame file... what i think, and what i tried without success, was put 2 machines rendering the same sequence, each machine should be improve tha render quality that the other was rendered...

but, what happen, is that the lightwave (or fprime) of the second machine say that the sequence have a diferente resolution of the sequence of the first machine that already are in render... what no is true..

someone already tried this with success?

Bog
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Not so much. If I've got a sequence to render with FPrime, I set each machine off to render a range - say 0-200 for the fastest machine in the room, 201-300 for the ex-mainbox, 300-350 for the laptop.

gabrieloy
09-21-2006, 11:22 AM
SUCCESS!!
still that some times have appeared the menssagem of "diferent resolution", I successfully render the same sequence of frames using fprime in two machines at same time. Appear to be easy... is only put the same scene to render in two machines and set the fprime render to the same folder hosted in one of the machines.. they endless continuos refine the frames already rendereds by the other

otacon
09-21-2006, 11:42 AM
When you get the error of "different resolution" that means one of your frames is corrupted. Only way to fix is to find the bad frame and delete it from the group. From my experience this happends sometimes when lots of frames are being saved out over a network, i usually render big animations locally to each computer to avoid this problem with fprime.

Matt
09-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I whip out the dongle and set it going on a few machines.

I'm disappointed that Worley didn't work on any of FPrime's short comings, let alone the node editor stuff!

gabrieloy
09-21-2006, 12:09 PM
When you get the error of "different resolution" that means one of your frames is corrupted. Only way to fix is to find the bad frame and delete it from the group. From my experience this happends sometimes when lots of frames are being saved out over a network, i usually render big animations locally to each computer to avoid this problem with fprime.

tkx! i was thinking the same, but i can't believe that the problem was because of a bad frame. I found the bad frame and the problem doesn't back to appear!