PDA

View Full Version : Blending surfaces attributes across adjoining surfaces?

wp_capozzi
09-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Hello,

Is there an existing plugin or technique to make quick work of blending a surface across to neighboring surfaces? For example, I have two surfaces next to eachother, one dirt, one grass, I would like to overlap them unevenly along the border so one surface would actually cross over the border to the other. Weight maps and procedurals can work, but I was wondering if there is something quick and easy to pop on to a couple surfaces that will do it.

Thanks,
Bill C.

zardoz
09-21-2006, 03:09 AM
hmmm...I guess weight maps and/or using the same procedural as an alpha for both surfaces will be the answer...and it's fast enough for me

BeeVee
09-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Have a look at this vid (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/blendimages.mov)

B

wp_capozzi
09-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks! Thats a step in a good direction for me. A few other thoughts occurred to me as well when researching it a bit. A mix of this technique and maybe the morph and weight map controlled node textures would be best. I kind of hoped for a quick plugin to do it all at once that I could throw on the surfaces. I think it just takes a head full of more techniques like this and planning it into the model from the start to make it go together more quickly.

Thanks,
Bill C.