PDA

View Full Version : Dynamite... Anyone have try it?

UbiGuy
09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Dynamite... I mean the Pro version...

I test Dynamite at job... But I don't have a lot of time!

Anyone use it and have good result? I looking for good results and comments.

For the moment I got very expensive render time when trying soft smoke with particles. But the Fire effect control is impressive. I got strange flickering with fire effect but I got nice results too...

For fluid I got the feeling that there is a lot of missing option... Maya Fluids are more complete... But the render is great. It a good tool for LW users...

I hope Cantarcan will continue is good work... Is in the right way... :) :thumbsup:

Phil
09-21-2006, 01:32 AM
It works well here, with fast render times. I have seen others complaining of slow renders, but perhaps it's because I'm blessed with old hardware that doesn't even support SSE2 :D

The one niggle at the moment is that raytraced shadows with the example smoke scene seems to generate black dots. It's almost like volume stitching errors or that particles are being generated and rendered like points, as well as the volume. Can is working on it as I type.

I'm also hoping the next update brings arbitrary lighting support, so that we can select any combination of lights, in any number for the volume. That would be really cute.

Tutorials and documentation are also on the way, which will help. There's a bit of a learning curve and I've not had that much time to work with it of late.

UbiGuy
09-22-2006, 12:32 PM
We use SSE2 computer... Can I send to you a scene? A small one juste to test the render time... If you have time. Please!!

Did you have try to render soft particles? With low lopacity I mean...

And did you get flickering problem with the fire Effect? It's happend when the particules are not dense enought.

For future delopement Cantarcan said.:

"The quality will much higher and some new lighting options like photon mapping, multiple light scattering will be supported. If I can finish it, there will also be a fog module with advanced scattering effects, shadow rays etc..
"

Phil
09-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Yep. I'm actively waiting for the next release. I'm hoping my request for multiple light sources is met :)

I'm hoping to get a chance to really play with Dynamite in the next few hours - it's been a while since I toyed with it, mainly due to having a number of characters to rig (always tedious and the current LW expressions limitations scuppered my plans for this weekend).

You can send the example to me, sure!

phil ~AT~ ldex {dot} terica (dot) net

UbiGuy
09-22-2006, 01:05 PM
It's done.. Thank You very much...

Bog
09-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Here's a quick test of a frozen explosion...

http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/QT/Pillar1.mov

Rendering time was about 2.25 hours on a P4 3.4GHz @ 800x600 with 4-pass PLD anti-A.

Phil
09-27-2006, 07:06 AM
I reproduced his problem here. It seems to be caused by having any form of texture applied on the opacity channel, coincident with certain frames in his scene. Whatever the interaction is, it causes the render time to double.

Not good, but the tradeoff for me is that I get to pick his ParticleFX setup apart :D It's not something I have been able to easily understand up until now - having a graphical tree of the setup in PFX would be extremely helpful....

UbiGuy
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I have a scene . There are no texture apply on any channel. But the render time pass from 1m30 sec to 23 minutes... And my particles system did not expand at all. The system rotate via a donut wind but it always occupy the same space on screen. It's really weird...

Phil, I arlready send to you the scene.

Phil
09-28-2006, 02:43 AM
EDIT: Oh? This is a different scene? That's interesting. I'll get back to you ASAP once I get to check my inbox :)