PDA

View Full Version : frame by frame view (single frame)

cytechnos
06-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Hello everyone

im wondering and trying to find a way to see frame by frame editing in the toaster edit time line ?

thanks

RayLarson
06-09-2003, 02:50 PM
The left and right arrow keys provide a frame by frame view, I beleive

Scott Bates
06-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Not sure exactly what you mean by "frame by frame editing", but if you want to see each individual frame in a clip just use the keyboard's right and left arrow keys to step through the frames.

Scott Bates
06-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Ray writes less, posts quicker :D

cytechnos
06-09-2003, 03:00 PM
in the edit timelin there are only two frames visible the firnt in the the last out and inbetween there is grey i want to see all Frames in the timeline

thanks

Paul Lara
06-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by cytechnos
I want to see all Frames in the timeline

It's not the way the Timeline views things, although you can place your cursor at the bottom edge of any clip and left-click, which brings up the frame you are scrubbing through at that time.

tmon
06-12-2003, 04:08 PM
It's not the way the Timeline views things...

To this day, I cannot figure out how this is a good thing.

Paul Lara
06-12-2003, 04:46 PM
which 'this' Taiji, the existing view mode or a frame-by-frame view?

tmon
06-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Paul,

I guess I'm referring to timeline view mode whereby one might be zoomed into the timeline, and select a clip, hit "W" and the cursor doesn't quite go to the end of the clip. That sort of thing. I have never figured out if this was because of NDF vs. DF thing or because of the "way the timeline views things."

Or, when zoomed in all the way, I try to navigate from one frame to the next by dragging the cursor, and I am able to park it anywhere on the timeline between frames....vs. using the cursor arrows, which do indeed seem to step things along a frame at a time.

Maybe my question is: How does the timeline view things? Other than being limited to a "DF configuration," it seems to be simply a "relative" graphic background. I've always been perplexed by this.

Paul Lara
06-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by taiji
Maybe my question is: How does the timeline view things?

As a contiguous stream, vs. a series of still images.

jcupp
06-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by taiji

...Or, when zoomed in all the way, I try to navigate from one frame to the next by dragging the cursor, and I am able to park it anywhere on the timeline between frames....vs. using the cursor arrows, which do indeed seem to step things along a frame at a time...

This allows one to do sub-frame audio editing, very cool!