PDA

View Full Version : dynamic or motion question or both

muse1280
09-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Anyone willing to help a lost soul? When it comes to dynamics I am a bit lost. Can someone either answer my issue or point me to a thread or a website or something that may help? I have tried everything that I could think of to correct the issue and short of completely rebuilding my system since I have been having some issues with it, I do not know what else to do.

What I have and am trying to do is as follows. I have three objects. One which is set as a collision object and two that have hard dynamics, all three are in motion. The two with hardfx do not collide at all, although their motion paths do. I have a 120 frame animation set because I want this to be quick. The collision object is to move forward into frame, collide with one of the objects and then shortly after the collision object is to collide with the second.

Seems simple, should be simple, and will likely be a reason for you all to point and laugh at me, but still.
When I go to calculate my dynamics, everything moves for the first few dozen frames and then the objects stop cold with the bounding box continuing on. So I have an animation where the objects move part way and then stop while what looks like the dynamic bounding box with the word "bounce" written on it continuing along the motion path. The collision object had no problems; it moves from the start of the animation to the end, it is just my hardfx that do not seem to want to play along. The bounding boxes do not bounce off of the collision object, they go through it.

I had it working briefly on a smaller scale and with only the hard object moving so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any thoughts? Sorry for the lame questions, but dynamics are still a bit of a pain to me.

Anyone know of any really good dynamics tutorials?

Thanks

MiniFireDragon
09-19-2006, 08:21 AM
How about uploading the scene and objects so others can have a look?