PDA

View Full Version : Can .ls open statistics panel in Modeler

MetaNerd
06-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I can't find an LScript command to open the statistics panel in modeler....Does anyone know how to do this????????

evenflcw
06-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I don't think you can! But I wonder for what reason would you want to do this? If you want to have access to much the same info that you can see in the statistics panel there are other commands, such as polycount() for example.

MetaNerd
06-09-2003, 07:12 PM
For the lscript I wrote it takes each polygon and any polygons connected to it, cuts it and applies it to different objects etc. The Obj sequence that I am using is huge and each Obj has tons of polygons, It may run through my loop 5,000-50,000 times (maybe more). Now here is the problem....

I have a progress bar that shows where you are at. The only problem is that when you are at poly 7,500 and the next 17,500 polygons are single. Then the progress bar looks like it is standing still, for about 30 minutes.

However I found that if you have the statistics panel open while the script is running then you can see the polygons being deleted and in turn you don't need to rely on the progress bar.

I would just like to open the progress bar so you know if my lscript still working or not...

sounds crazy?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is.

evenflcw
06-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Nah, not crazy at all, just curtious. If you have a loop that isn't triggering the monstep() enough times at regular intervals, I think the only thing you can do is find another way to write your code. I myself tried to implement the progress bar once, but found it slowed down things considerably when there was alot of selecting going on, so I don't ever use it myself. Perhaps it's my system...

I've also tried adding an info() with a spinning clock ("--","\\","|","/") inside my loop but that didn't work well either. LW only printed something at the very end. While the loop was acctually running, nothing was printed.

I wish for a fix for both of these things. But I guess the redraw or whatever is just really slow in LW or something. Or maybe I just wrote bad code. :confused:

About the statistics, I think most people have it visible at all times anyways. I do and most every LWaver I know do too. Perhaps you'll just have to opt for an info box telling the user that it might take some time, perhaps even calculate and give an approximation.

Good luck anyhow, and be sure to tell if you find a good solution.