PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop_lighten and displacements in 9?

Natty99
09-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi,

I have a subdivided sea plane displaced with a local coods ripple texture. Over the top of this were black and white png gradient textures set to PS_lighten to add displaced bowwaves to our boats, whilst still allowing some motion from the ripples.
In 7 thru to 8.5 this has always worked fine. We've jsut been asked to adjust an old render having recently upgraded to v9 and no matter what we tweak, cant get both the ripples and bow waves to show at the same time.

Another possible cause is that the ripples are local, while the bow waves are world coords. Tried tweaking incase, plus fiddling with the subD order (before local, before world etc), all with no luck.

This is a short project and is causing massive headaches. Anyone had a similar problem or know of a fix?

Thanks.

N

Natty99
09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Doh, I was on the wrong track. Nothing to do with the ps_lighten. It seems its the subdivision order not liking local and world coord displacements at the same time.
Is it still possible to have local and world coord dsiplacements on the same object in 9? I tried all the subD order options but could only get one to appear at any time.
While I can now get this fixed its going to be a lot of work adjusting all our scenes/ surfaces :(