PDA

View Full Version : Unique Texture help

Bladewing51
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi again all I've almost finished my model and am trying to set up the textures, I know what sort of texture I'm looking for but am having trouble making it happen (see picture below). I've been googling myslef :D for a few days now and have been experimenting hevily, the second picture is the actual model I've been modeling, its still missing a few bump maps, exterior markings and such but I'm adding to that slowly. BTW its also still missing its hydrolics, I'm reworking them ATM.

What I'm looking for is that sort of matte paint work look with patches where the paint has chipped off from age or battle damage.

I'm also using an existing Camo texture I had left over from a photoshop tutorial I was reading, if anyone knows a better way to make a camo texture please feel free to add to this topic.

Anti-Distinctly
09-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Here a tutorial that should be of assistance: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=373024

Bladewing51
09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Cool that website is great, the guy doing those textures is very talented, well I now have my Skin ready to apply to my model but again I hit the brick wall of noobism and find I can't find the option where you move the polygons to allign with the skin. I've used GMAX in the past for a few C&C Generals Mods in which it used that method to skin the blank models. Is this how it is in lightwave or am I missing the plot here????