PDA

View Full Version : Vipers

Andyjaggy
09-15-2006, 06:35 PM
This is for all you Battlestar Galactica fans out there. I am setting my Vipers up in a scene but am running into a problem. I used one point polygons for the stars and they work great with the classic camera, but as soon as I switch to the new perspective camera they don't render. Help? Why? How do I get around this since I am really anxious to get the speed increase with the new perspective camera.

Edit: Oops I just realize I posted this in the Lightwave 9 discussion instead of the gallery. Oh well I guess it is still relevent.

warrenwc
09-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Perspective camera ray-traces EVERYTHING.
So one & two point polys will NOT render.
Sorry. Use HVs or Pixie dust maybe?

jameswillmott
09-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Render in passes?

Sensei
09-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Open Modeler. Put single-point stars in background layer. In foreground make very little box or triangle and use Multiply > More > Point Clone Plus.. Just a thought..

SaturnX
09-16-2006, 07:22 AM
(During the looting of display Viper Mk2s from the museum... for combat duty)

Starbuck: You sure they'll fly?

Tyrol: Well, the reactor's still hot, so all we have to do is pull the rad buffers from the engine, refuel it, load the ordnance, and you're ready to go. Biggest problem is getting them over to the port launch bay.

Starbuck: Why can't we use the starboard launch?

Tyrol: It's a gift shop now.

Starbuck: Frack me.

:D :D

Bog
09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I so love that bit.

Andyjaggy
09-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the help guys, at least I know now that it is nothing that I am doing wrong. I think I will go with the multi-pass render option.