PDA

View Full Version : Transmotion 3D - Am I being super-dense here?

dsol
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm trying to get the Transmotion 3D plugins working on my copy of LW (version 8.5 running on Mac OSX 10.4). I couldn't find any specific installation instructions after I unzipped the demo, so I've put the unzipped folder into my plugins directory and added the plugins manually using the "add plugins" function in Layout. I've restarted LW after doing this, but still can't see any way of launching the transmotion plugin - there's no buttons or menu options for it as far as I can see (and all the tutorials for TM3D don't say how to actually launch it!).

I'm really keen to try it out as I do a lot of work in after effects, and I'd love to integrate it more tightly with my LW work.

Any help gratefully received! :)

dsol
09-15-2006, 12:56 PM
PS. I've already emailed Al Street - the developer of the plugins - but thought I'd ask here as well in case anyone else has experience of Transmotion. Fingers crossed!

toby
09-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Isn't the plugin in the 'utilities/additional' drop-down menu? They normally go there by default. Try using the configure menu tool (alt-F10) to search if you still can't find it.

dsol
09-16-2006, 06:19 AM
thanks toby! I'll check it out on Monday when I get back to the office. I thought I looked there already, but as my original post heading says - I'm probably just being super-dense! :) Cheers again.

dsol
09-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Just so you know - the problem was caused by the fact that I was apprently running a PC version of the plugin (although Lscripts are generally crossplatform, Transmotion uses some platform-specific code for the licensing). I've now downloaded the Mac version and it appears to be running OK, though I haven't got it to appear in the interface yet - have to run it from the LscriptRT function. At least it seems to work OK apart from that :)