PDA

View Full Version : Aging

kmaas
09-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Got a problem, and I was hoping maybe someone would know how to solve it. I need to do a character that can age, and I don't really have time to model one from scratch. Does anyone know where there's a 3d model (Poser, LW, whatever) that has some kind of an aging morph? Or is there another way to do this without spending tons of time modelling it?

BeeVee
09-14-2006, 06:57 AM
As a very quick way to do it, but that will still need some work, I wouldn't bother with morphs. Instead make a sequence of images with lines gradually getting darker, more widespread and possibly thicker to emulate a wrinkle pattern and use it as a bump map. Ideally, you'd want to make a matching colour map sequence to map into the colour channel, but just making the wrinkles would be a fine start and one that can presumably be largely automated.

B

Sekhar
09-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Poser lets you control age - let me know if you want an example (I have 6).

kmaas
09-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Poser lets you control age - let me know if you want an example (I have 6).

That'd be great. I've got 5 - if you could explain it, maybe I could find the options, because I haven't been able to find them myself.

Sekhar
09-14-2006, 11:26 AM
It's the Age slider in the Face Shaping Tool panel (on the Face tab) under Ethnicity, Age, and Gender. You just move the dial forward for older and backward for younger - that's it!

Below is an example with the original James (I couldn't get myself to age Jessi), two older versions, and one younger.

kmaas
09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks!