PDA

View Full Version : X-Motion

pixym
06-08-2003, 08:07 PM
What is X Motion option in Export buffer?
There is nothing about this buffer export option in the LW manual.

Please somebody let me know.

Regards

toby
06-09-2003, 01:24 AM
it looks like the same kind of thing as the z-depth buffer, except that it's for motion instead of dof - perhaps compositors can use this to generate motion blur in post-process

pixym
06-09-2003, 06:32 AM
?d??know any way to use a seamless plug-ins for mac OS X. I have switched to pc because of this !
Now I use a DELL precision 8250 Pentium 4 3.06ghz with a radeon 9700 Pro and 1,5 Gb of ram... I am very satisfied indeed :)
There is to less interesting plug-ins for mac such HD instance or Move by two point or Clonez...
Buy a PC and stop jar your nerve about mac or pc parity...

toby
06-09-2003, 12:59 PM
I thought very seriously about getting a pc just for LW ( with nothing else on the system and no internet, it just might be stable ) - my render times on the G4 are 5 min just from turning on motion blur -

But I need to go back and forth between Layout (I run 2 copies), Modeler, Photoshop, After Effects, Quicktime plus Safari and iTunes. I run all these for at least a week at a time, never crashing or restarting - makes the render speed not so important - and when I did a search for Mac LW plug-ins, there's more than I have time to try out

Mac/pc parity doesn't bother me at all, because LW is the best 3D you can get for the mac. I'm constantly surprised at all it can do. (Try Electric Image and you'll see what I mean)