PDA

View Full Version : Camera Selection in Layout

ozmask
09-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi all,
Be gentle with me, I am a newbie.
I am setting up a scene in Layout for animation. there are 3 cameras and 6 lights in the scene. My problem is when I select a camera and start moving or rotating it, it gets deselected and one of the Lights becomes selected. For example, if I want to move the camera, I will select the camera, press "t" to activate the move tool, click and drag one of the control arrows on the camera. Even if I don't let go of the mouse click, the camera gets delected and a light gets selected, the light then starts moving as though the move I was just doing was meant for it. This happens over and over again. It happens even if the camera is nowhere near the light. Is there something I am not doing?

I am using LW9 on a PC with XP, an Athlon 64 dual core 4200, 4GB RAM, 7800GT video card, dual 24" monitors.

Thanks for any assistance.

evenflcw
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
That does sound very odd as LW typically isn't able to do select+transform in one click (I shouldnow as I would love such an option!). If the light is nowhere close to the camera perhaps it's an openGL glitch, they apparently can manifest themselves in wierd ways. Other than that you could try deactivating the Left Button Item Select option in the General Options panel. With it turned off you can only select using the middle mouse button and only transform/drag handles using the left mouse button.

ozmask
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I will give that a go.

However, I think I found another piece to the puzzle. It seems to only happen when I have FPrime running.

toby
09-12-2006, 02:55 PM
That is strange, I've never heard of it - you can also try locking the lights if it persists.

toby
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
On second thought, I think I remember this as a conflict between FPrime and a hidden feature in LW - well, it used to be hidden - look under General Options and see if the FSPE button is checked, if so, uncheck it.

ozmask
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks toby,

FPSE is already unchecked.
I will try locking the lights

toby
09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
You could email Worley Labs too, they're the ones that solved it when I had a similar problem