PDA

View Full Version : major UI pet peeve

eblu
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
hi,
I have a major UI pet peeve w/ LW. thought I'd start a thread about them.

heres my first pet peeve:
when I switch to a different application, and then decide I want to switch back to either layout or modeler, I have to click the dock icon. clicking on the window (which takes up the whole screen and makes an easy target) does Nothing. This is Not standard behavior for a window in ANY os. its annoying and it is completely unnecessary.

any other UI elitists out there have pet peeves about how LW handles things in the UI that "should" be obvious but are apparently not?

BazC
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Which version of LW are you using? Clicking on the UI of LW9 works for me. In Layout anyway, not sure about modeler. According to Chilton the next dot release will be much more Mac like so hopefully many little idiosyncrasies will be addressed! :D

Edit: Works in modeler too!

eblu
09-11-2006, 10:10 AM
lw 9.
still doesn't work. modeler or layout.

are you using the hub?

BazC
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
are you using the hub?

Nope, I gave up on the hub toward the end of the beta period:(

eblu
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
i thought I had a "fix" for the hub.. deleting the prefs every day, but apparently its Not a fix. layout and modeler refused to sync, but after I disabled the hub... the windows are Now reacting appropriately.

so let me amend that first pet peeve... The Hub is a boat anchor.
thank you.

BazC
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
LOL! Yup but NT are doing their best to sort it out. Can't wait for the next release, should be a doozy! :D

eblu
09-12-2006, 06:30 AM
yeah,
heard that plenty of times before.

my Standard Operating Procedure is to only credit the work that is done, and delivered. Promised work is fine, but immaterial. If an update comes and the hub is eliminated, I will be happy in the future, until then... the proof is IN the pudding we have.