PDA

View Full Version : Plugin to Export Audio with AVI or MOV files.

RTSchramm
09-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I there a plugin that will allow the LW9 renderer to export audio with the AVI or MOV file? I think this needs to be addressed in the next LW9.x update. Its a real pain to have to export hundreds of frames and then piece them togather with the audio using a program such as After Affects or Priemer Pro JUST to verify that your animation is sequencing correctly with the audio file.

It would be nice if I could create a small thumbnail like 640x480 AVI or MOV file to preview my lip squencing and etc.

If there is no plugin what is the best program for squencing audio with single frames, that is "Frame1.tga, Frame2.tga, and etc" and then merging them into a AVI or MOV file?

Rich

UnCommonGrafx
09-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Ummm... why not just make a preview?
If you have the audio loaded through the scene editor, making a preview gives you the anim and the audio.

Is that what you want? You have it already, then.

RTSchramm
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I read the docs and I can't get the preview to work. I am currently using Acid Music Studio 6 as a cheap means of mixing the sound and video into a .MOV file. It doesn't do AVI very well, and doesn't do MPG at all, but at least I can easily preview my animations with sound as a mov file. Acid Music Studio 6 syncs them together extremely well.

To answer you question, even if I could preview through LW9, I would like to study the animation for flaws in its final form. Just like when rendering, you use viper to get a general sense of what the finish rending will look like, but until you render the scene, you won't actually know if the lighting and volumetrics what are you expected.

Rich

stib
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Quicktime Pro can do basic editing, like adding soundtracks to movies. It also lets you export in a lot of different formats.

Snosrap
09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I read the docs and I can't get the preview to work.
Rich

Previews are held in memory, so close other apps if needed to free up memory. Also there is a Free Preview that purges any held previews, sometime I have found that I have to hit that a couple of times to get it to make a preview. Also any objects that don't need to be seen during your preview should be hidden in the Scene Editor. Hope this helps I use previews with sound all the time.

Cheers
Snos