PDA

View Full Version : Camera error

TomR
09-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi.
On the image attached you can see the problem. When I use the perspective camera I get a weird error in one of the windows. The windows are made by the same nodes. Do any one know what to do?

Tom

jameswillmott
09-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Possible a non-planar polygon? Try selecting any non-planar polygons in Modeler and tripling them.

TomR
09-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Nope. There is no non-planar polygon there. Every thing looks good.

gerry_g
09-10-2006, 01:11 PM
yeah but how well is the window cut out connected to the wall, is it anchored by one line or is each of the windows four corners connected to the walls four corners. In short it looks like the renderer is having trouble reading it.

TomR
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
The window is made of a frame and a single box as the glass. And they are not
connected to the wall. The model is made in max I think. I got a .obj file. But it's strange that it's different between classic and perspective camera.

gerry_g
09-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Well there you go, I've often imported obj's with cut outs in walls or odd shaped ngons that look just fine in modeler but give me h-e-l-l in layout, see the attached image, this is what i meant by improving the geometry to solve the problem. Also you should do a weld points when you import obj's in my experience not everything that was connected before it was exported is still connected on import

TomR
09-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the help. It solved it :)