PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 9 pre order issues

swpspce
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi Lightwave community

I pre-ordered my copy of Lightwave 9 September 2005 under the pretense that when v9 shipped I would receive a boxed version in the mail. It is now September 2006 - and I have been told by the Newtek agent in Montreal that I actually bought the electronic download only.

I recall, that there was a discussion about this on the forum, but for the life of me I cannot find the actual thread.

It was something about - if you bought the upgrade in 2006, you would get the electronic upgrade but if you bought Lightwave 9 in good faith last year you would get the boxed version.

I know there was an extended debate about this as there were others that were expecting the boxed version.

could someone please point me to that thread...

thanks in advance...
swpspce.:thumbsdow

Signal to Noise
09-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure what your deal is but I pre-purchased the 9 upgrade (with free Vue 5) in September '05 as well. This past Tuesday I received the LW9 CD & DVD in the mail. No hardcopy manuals or big box- just the discs inside a DVD case.

tribbles
09-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I think the thread was the one to do with European customers upgrading - it was sticky for a while.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53959&highlight=european+customers - I'm just having a read of the thread to see if it's the right one (it's definately around that time).

Actually, it was this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53872&highlight=media

Since I am a European customer, I was quite interested in that thread - I think it was Kurtis who said who was permitted to what, and not remembering what I bought, I thought I was entitled to media and whatnot.

However, when I contacted Newtek Europe, I got this explanation:

"Free Media Packs are for the licenses that were purchased between July 1st, 2005 and December 31st, 2005."

Since you got yours in September, you should get the media (I got mine in May 2006, which is outside of this).

[edited to give the thread URLs, and correct the name]

swpspce
09-08-2006, 03:16 PM
thanks for the reponses - I received am email from James (Newtek) and got clarification regarding the Lightwave 9 preorder thingie.

swpspce