PDA

View Full Version : LW being used in Independent Movie Feature "Madness"

JamesCurtis
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I and a longtime friend and cinematographer/director, are currently involved in producing some FX work using Lightwave 3D for several shots in an independent filmaker movie called "Madness".

The shots include nightime snow effects [HV's], a CG Hummer crash sequence, and a CG house fire/explosion with model and HV's, and some night landscape shots using Vue5 Inf.

You can go to the site below for more info and to see some of the FX shots with before and after pix.

http://www.cinevidproductions.com/media/movies/MadnessFX/index.htm

Bog
09-07-2006, 06:31 PM
RahhhhhH! :D Best of luck, James - talent pool's here if you need any help!

JamesCurtis
09-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, Bog!!

Just want everyone to know we had an early preview of the movie at a theatre that we had rented for 1 showing a month back. We had around 300 people packing the house for it.

We are currently improving some of the FX shots and inserting a few others that weren't quite finished for the preview.

I thought it might be neat to bring this movie to the atttention of NT for thier listing of projects in production using LW.

Any ideas how, or who to get in touch with?

Thanks!!

Sekhar
09-08-2006, 04:05 PM
James, big CONGRATULATIONS on completing the feature! It must've been terrific seeing a packed house (I'd be ecstatic).

On the clips, I thought the Hummer skid/crash looks great, quite believable. But since you said you're still improving the FX, thought I'd mention couple of my thoughts:

(1) Looked to me like the Hummer skidded too smoothly (like it had no weight) - I think it'd help to vary it a bit

(2) The tires look brand new at the end - after all that skidding, you'd expect them to have some snow/mud on them...

JamesCurtis
09-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, the Hummer skid shot is being worked over a bit, and so are the tires too.

My part in this movie is creating the CG house model and Winter landscape hill terrain where the house is supposedly located. Fire FX and other stuff will be comped together. If I can get a few stills of this up here I will, but could take a week or more till it's ready.

When the movie was being shot during last Winter there was very little snowfall here in Northeast Ohio, thus the reason for recreating the snowy night scenes.

BTW, We did the preview to see how the movie flowed with an audience, and also to see the [Hi Definition] movie on a real big screen!!

StevieB
07-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Haha, so how did they like it?
And is it done now?