PDA

View Full Version : SasLite Plugin "Fur"

Joey_C
09-07-2006, 02:55 PM
When I do a render my fur is allways only one color, a gray, does not matter which color swatch I pick. How do I get this color to work???

THANKS!!!!!!!

ps is this the right place to place this thread????

T-Light
09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
This is the right place :)

Need more info though, eg as far as I remember the colours in Sas work the same way as colours anywhere else in LW. What are your steps?

ie
Open Sas interface
Click on the Fiber Color box [opens color dialogue]
Select a colour
Click OK

That's generally it.

gerry_g
09-07-2006, 03:35 PM
So long since I clapped eyes on SasLite, but I'm pretty sure (like the full version} you can specify two colors to create more of a mottled look (Salt & Pepper), also tip & root color too.

lede
09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
You might also look into the ligthing for yer scene. I ran into something weird the other day where my blond hair would render black and until I added some extra stuff to the scene it would work right.

If you can post an image of your settings for sas and an image of what your getting for results.

-Lee

T-Light
09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
gerry_g -

but I'm pretty sure (like the full version} you can specify two colors to create more of a mottled look (Salt & Pepper), also tip & root color too
Funny thing, I haven't used it in a few months but I thought there was more than one colour option too, I had a look before I posted my original comments, (been getting things wrong recently so thought I'd check), amazingly it's one colour only. Weird.

gerry_g
09-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Sorry, but I did say it had been a long time since I opened it, I guess Mr. Worley would never sell the full version if the Lite one was too good. So there you go. U want better U got to get the full version, witch even with it's default settings comes out like this, and you can use texture or weight maps to drive the thickness/ placement/ color etc

T-Light
09-07-2006, 05:40 PM
People complain with the age but it's a bit beautifull isn't it :)
[EDIT] Don't have full Sasquatch, rendering isn't my line of business, I just squeeze it in where I can. I would like two things, either I'm employed on a 3D basis and can justify Sasquatch or Worley updates this with nodes and reflections etc and I still get employed to use this in a given project.
Se La Vie.
Still very jealous of you guys with the full package though :)

JVitale
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
When I do a render my fur is allways only one color, a gray, does not matter which color swatch I pick. How do I get this color to work???

THANKS!!!!!!!

ps is this the right place to place this thread????

Make sure you have three spot lights on the object otherwise you will always get the same gray color

cresshead
09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
http://www.cresshead.com/podcast/saslite.mov

furball animation test with saslite 5mb .mov file

uses 3 spot lights...main, fill and kicker

cresshead
09-08-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.cresshead.com/podcast/furball_lw.jpg

saslite furball

:lwicon: