PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet network render problem

kikithuy
09-07-2006, 02:18 AM
I am working on network rendering an animation and normally I have no problems at all, I have rendered lots of animations very successfully, but for some reason I am currently working on a scene which is 2250 frames in length network rendering on 24 nodes and for some reason it keeps stalling on the first one.
It loads the whole scene and then goes to preparing the objects gets to the last object and instead of saying scene ready and continuing to render and load to the other nodes it just stops and does nothing!?!?!
It is only doing it on this scene, I have tried re-saving as something different and it still does it, when I change directory and try a different scene for a different project it works fine so it is not the network, as far as I can tell it must be something to do with the scene but I can't tell what.
Can someone PLEASE offer suggestions - I have reset all the machines including the server and I can't think of what else to try - the scene renders fine directly in Lightwave just not through the network - HELP!?!:help:

dballesg
09-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Hi,

That scene uses any plugin that you do not have installed on the renderfarm?

It uses .pfx files or .mdd? If it is so, has you check that they are on the shared directory where alll the nodes can find them?

Best regards,
David

kikithuy
09-07-2006, 02:29 AM
It has a flock of birds which has a .pfx file but this is saved in the main server directory so all should be able to access it - I will have a double check though

kikithuy
09-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Where can I check to see if the .mdd files are being taken from the correct directory as I took these from a local directory and copied them over, so I wonder if the scene is trying to find them from the local directory?

kikithuy
09-07-2006, 02:48 AM
Hi - Thanks very much - I found the problem, for some reason the scene had some master plugins which weren't being used but I think they were accessing an old driectory of some sort which wasn't being shared - so I removed the masetr plugins and it seems to be working.
Thanks for your help...