PDA

View Full Version : L9 Bug: Images getting mixed up

Brazilian
09-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm working on my first large project since L9, and am having an issue where after bouncing back and forth between multiple scenes, the image maps will get all mixed up and LW loads incorrect image maps.

For instance, I just loaded a fairly simple scene of a football which has a texture map and bump map, plus and a couple of logos pasted on. All the maps are UV (not sure if that matters, I haven't noticed a correlation yet). However, this time when I loaded the scene, the top logo shows in OpenGL -- and if rendered -- as a fractal metal image, which WAS used in the previous scene that was loaded prior to this one.. but that image isn't even in the image editor in this scene (and shouldn't be).

So without saving or doing anything, I clear the scene, and re-load it. This time, the logo shows up right, but now the fractal metal image appears to be is in my bump map for the football. Editing the surface, the right image (by name and thumbnail) are showing in the bump channel, but the actual image LW seems to be using is my fractal metal that it's getting from the air.

The only way to fix this is to quit LW (and 9 times out of 10 when it gets in this mode, Layout will crash when I hit quit), quit the hub, and then re-launch and load. This will then function correctly for a time, but half a dozen scene loads later images will get mixed up again.

Beyond that specific problem, the surface editor in L9 is, in general, I think a little messed up. If I edit a texture on the color channel that maybe has 3 layers within it, the state of the texture window doesn't initialize properly. IE, I hit the 'T' button, and it shows I'm on the top layer with all the proper attributes. I then click the second layer to select it. It selects, but none of the attributes change -- they are still showing the first layer. Click another layer (or the first again), and this time you see the window flash and it updates properly.. then from there on out, clicking any layer works right. It's just the first selection upon entering the texture editor that doesn't work. This is repeatable for me all day long.

Anyone else experience either of these?

StereoMike
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
I've seen this happening too (images getting mixed). I usually restart the computer.
Very strange behaviour tho...

Mike