PDA

View Full Version : GLSLShaders in Mac OS X

xeno3d
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Whats with the GLSLShaders in Mac OS X. LW crashes really hard when I enable them on my Intel iMac.

geck
09-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Has to do with Apple's implementation of OpenGL 2.0, in that it's not completely compatible with LW.

xeno3d
09-07-2006, 05:02 AM
Bummer..

Heres hoping there is an uodate coming down the road for this...

toby
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM
LW is running in Rosetta on Intel Macs, that can't help -
The Universal Binary version should make a big difference, and it's apparently coming out soon

kamiru
09-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Hi,

It must be the new Intel iMac, because GLSL works great on my PowerMac G5 (visually great but slow at the same time). I can make a quick check on my Macbook Pro if you want.

xeno3d
09-09-2006, 06:54 AM
If you could at some point that'd be good. Thanks

___mats___
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I found LW 9 to be generally speaking very unstable compared to other apps on Mac, PPC or INTEL whatsoever.. program hang ups, crashes, hub freezing etc..etc.. I have reinstalled it, tossed preferences, but apparently it is pertinent to the app itself..
any news on an UB release???? will that improve things?

PS I used it on PCs too, and it wasnt very stable there either, especially when using plugins, lots of Not Responding states

thanks

toby
09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I found LW 9 to be generally speaking very unstable compared to other apps on Mac, PPC or INTEL whatsoever.. program hang ups, crashes, hub freezing etc..etc.. I have reinstalled it, tossed preferences, but apparently it is pertinent to the app itself..
any news on an UB release???? will that improve things?

PS I used it on PCs too, and it wasnt very stable there either, especially when using plugins, lots of Not Responding states

thanks
We discussed that a few days ago:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56367

___mats___
09-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Toby, thanks I appreciate your comment.

I do know it was commented before, I just wanted to post my own experiences based on what was mentioned on THIS thread.

once again, thanks for taking the time to post the other thread

toby
09-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Toby, thanks I appreciate your comment.

I do know it was commented before, I just wanted to post my own experiences based on what was mentioned on THIS thread.

once again, thanks for taking the time to post the other thread
Understood, I just thought you might want to read about the UB status. Apparently it should :
1. be coming "very soon"
2. kick aaasss.

xeno3d
09-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Soon will be nice and very very welcomed