PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 3D Case Study - Flash Film Works

Kurtis
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Flash Film Works

The whimsical home of Flash Film Works began life as a 1920’s taxi stand. Today, inspired by founder William (Bill) Mesa’s trips to Disneyland, it’s an arts and crafts house created by LightWave® artists, carefully crafted on breaks from their carefully crafted virtual arts. During the renovation, artists alternated from pixels to pliers, hard drives to hard hats, to raise the roof of their very visual effects studio.
Full case study... (http://www.lightwave3d.com/case_flashfilmworks.php)

Earl
09-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Cool, thanks Kurtis. I find these new case studies quite interesting.

JVitale
09-07-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm glad they mentioned Jen Hachigian writing custom code. She jokes that her next demo reel will consist of txt files...

Why can't more studios be like Flash?....:)

LW3D
09-07-2006, 03:12 AM
I'd suggest saturating these with images of the cases in study. For these kinds of things images speak more than words. And together with words, you have a real case study.

:agree:

Kuzey
09-07-2006, 06:15 AM
And if you can't have images on the page for whatever reason, have a link to their gallery/website so people reading can have a look see :D

Kuzey

Kuzey
09-07-2006, 06:28 AM
True, but there might be restrictions and what not from the clients...that's all :hey:

An idea just popped into my own grey bits, these case studies will look great in magazines and maybe then they could allow pictures or even a include demo reel from the company.

Anyway...More....more...mooooooooore :thumbsup:

Kuzey