PDA

View Full Version : The case of the disappearing windows !

jcrosby
06-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Has anyone had the following problem. I'm in Modeler, and I go to use the numeric function of say the Lathe tool. When I hit activate, the numeric window disappears, or appears to be behind the main window. At the very least it is unreadable. I have to exit LW modeler, and then go back to it. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

riki
06-07-2003, 07:42 PM
The problem was first introduced with the 7.5b update, it's been noted in a number of other threads.

jcrosby
06-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Thanks for that info. I guess I should have asked if there was a fix available, or if I was doing something wrong. I did try a search for " Disappearing Windows ", but got nothing relevent. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

Joe

riki
06-07-2003, 08:38 PM
No fix as far as I know, no your not doing anything wrong.

Just be positive and think of it as an enhancement. You open the Surface Editor, then open the Preset Shelf and what do you know the Surface Editor dissapears to give you more room to look at your Presets :)

jcrosby
06-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks Riki,
I would do that if it was the surface editor. The problem I have is in modeler. Its the Numeric panel that gets Funky. I can't open it again after it does that without exiting modeler and starting over. Thanks again for the input,

Joe

riki
06-10-2003, 10:43 PM
the numeric panel should be still there, just sitting beneath the main window.